Internet and technology company LEECO from China, formerly known as LETV, on April 20, launched Le 2, Le 2 Pro and Le Max 2 Smartphone’s in China. These Smartphone’s are the successors to their first generation of handsets which were announced back in April 2015. LEECO also announced two smart TVs and a self-driving electric car prototype.
LEECO has announced a May 3rd media event in Mumbai, “Block your date to witness the revolution Entertainment will play in a whole new way”. Well the official teaser image is screaming that LEECO will announce their Smart TV but a lot of Indians hoping for the new range of Smartphone’s to show up on Flipkart (online store). But it may not happen as teaser clearly shows a movie theatre in it, pointing us towards the Smart TVs. Furthermore, they released Le Max and Le 1s mobiles in India not that long ago. But as nothing has been confirmed yet, there is a very slim chance that the teaser image is may be in relation to the CDLA (Continual Digital Lossless Audio) technology in latest breed of Smartphone’s by LEECO. Let’s keep our finger crossed till May 3rd.
The highlight of these Smartphone’s is the metal unibody design, really slim bezels on the front and the latest trend in mid-range Smartphone technology, a Fingerprint Scanner. One unanticipated feature of these Smartphone’s is the ‘USB Type-C Audio port’, which is talk of the town for next iPhone in line. LEECO sure beat Apple iPhone in this ‘3.5mm port omission’ race. LEECO also gave a reason to smile for Music Fans by announcing CDLA (Continual Digital Lossless Audio) technology to offer high quality uncompressed audio. In terms of software, all three Smartphone’s run on Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS with a layer of EUI 5.5 running on top.
Let’s see some of the features of these three Smartphone’s.
- LeEco Le 2:5 inch FHD (1920×1080 pixels) display, Powered by MediaTek Helio X20 Deca-core processor, 3GB of RAM and 32GB of non-expandable storage, 16 megapixel rear camera, 8 megapixel selfie camera, 3000mAh battery with fast charging support, and Wi-Fi 802.11ac, 4G LTE with VoLTE support.
- LeEco Le 2 Pro: It’s just a relatively more powerful version of LEECO LE 2, powered by MediaTek’s Helio X25 Deca-core processor, 4GB of RAM and 32GB or 64GB internal storage options, 21 megapixel rear camera, 8 megapixel selfie camera.
- LeEco Le Max 2: Last in this list is a Beast of a phone. It got big 5.7 inch QHD display (2560×1440 pixels), powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 820 Quad-core processor, 6GB of RAM, 64GB of onboard storage, 21-megapixel rear camera, 8-megapixel selfie camera, 3100mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0, 4G LTE, VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac.
And FYI, according to a latest report out of the CHINA, on 26th April, first flash sale for the three handsets took place with one million total units up for grabs and LEECO sold all of that 1 million handsets inventory in just two hours. Right now, these Smartphone’s are available in CHINA only. Prices for these Smartphone’s as of now:
- Le 2 = 1099 Yuan (approximately Rs. 11,500)
- Le 2 Pro = 1499 Yuan (approximately Rs. 15,500)
- Le Max 2 = 2099 Yuan (approximately Rs. 21,500).